Thursday, July 7, 2016

Over There

Yesterday I had my baseline ultrasound.

Let's start with the good news: my blood flow is normal!! That means there aren't bloodflow issues to explain my thin lining. One tiny relief.

In other news, my antral follicle count today was 9. That's not great, but given my low AMH, it isn't as bad as I feared. That also reflects an echogenic spot on my left ovary. Right ovary had 6 follicles, left had 3. It took a while to find my left ovary, and the nurse's words were, "Oh! it's way over there!" How is it that my anatomy is so unexpected?

Now I wait to hear if we get to proceed or not. Dr B, here in MN, is going to confer with other doctors in the group out in CO and call me with an opinion on what comes next. That's because of my karyotype results. I really appreciate that my clinic takes the approach of consulting with one and other. From an adult learning perspective, that's how experts build more expertise, so it's good to know it's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment