Monday, May 21, 2018

Microblog Mondays: It's Gonna Be a Good Day When. ..

Welcome to Microblog Mondays! Want to learn more and read more? Head over to Stirrup Queens for the details!

You know your day is off to a swimming start when you have to give yourself your Menopur shot at work before your 7 am call, and as you're getting everything ready, the syringe rolls off the back of the credenza and gets stuck in the 1" gap between credenza and wall, where neither your arm nor a coat hanger can reach.

In general, I think there are two reactions to that type of situation: you laugh or you cry. On reflection, there's probably a third, which is 'you swear copiously'. I started with that one, then moved on to the laughter. Thousands of dollars, stress, heartbreak, a belly that looks like a pincushion, and it all gets stymied by a 400 pound credenza? I pick laughter, because the alternative would probably be madness. Hell, maybe this IS madness and laughter is how you make the best of it. Thousands of dollars, stress, heartbreak, and I'm going to continue to try to find the simple joys in life, including mocking my own absurdity. (Yes, I did go fishing with a coat-hanger to fish it out, and yes, I was eventually successful knocking it free using an easel-size, cardboard-backed post-it note pad!) If I'm realistic, the alternative for me would probably be sanity, and THAT is a place I never want to go! :)

3 comments:

  1. Huzzah for fishing the nasty syringe out from behind the credenza! These times will make you question your sanity. You are good! I'm glad you rescued the shot and went on with your day... I'd be cackling all day about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think I would have been in the hysterical crying/laughing phase too given this scenario. Because seriously, who does this happen to? No one that claims normality, which I agree is highly overrated.

    Glad you rescued the shot. And I’m holding onto hope that everything going wrong now means smooth sailing for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you managed to laugh, after the swearing. I think the swearing copiously would have been my first reaction too!

    ReplyDelete