Saturday, May 26, 2018

Tied In Extra Innings

More monitoring yesterday, in the cycle that never ends. After 14 days of stims, I have follicles at 18.5 and an 19.5, and my lining is 6.7. I wish I had more confidence in those measurements. Friday's nurse is one who seems to be pretty accurate, but Thursday's nurse gave me measurements of 18.5 and 19, and lining at 5.48. When I asked nurse Thursday about endometrial pattern, if it was triple, she seemed confused and told me it was 'getting there.' My previous monitoring sessions all had shown triple, so that was a change. It also seems odd that the follicles would stop growing at this point, while my E2 doubled overnight. Thursday's nurse is one who often produces seemingly odd measurements from one day to the next (e.g., no growth at all for two visits, then a huge jump at the third), so I'm not highly confident about the reliability of her measurements. I'm going to hope that Friday's measurements are right, and that I get Friday's nurse again today!

And yes, I said today. They want to see my lining reach 7 or greater, so I was to do another day of stims/estrace/sildenafil/dexamethasone and return for my 7th visit Saturday. Excluding the med costs, we've spent $3,900 at CCRM just for monitoring appointments and bloodwork for this TI cycle. I'd say the cost is making me nauseous, but I think that's from the estrace! I'm really hoping that my lining gets better and my follicles don't get over-cooked. I had an electro-acupuncture session yesterday, for whatever that's worth.

Given this cost and the medication usage, I think my 'three strikes" plan will be down to one last shot after this one, if this cycle doesn't work. And let's get real: who expects this to work after 15 days of stims? Blah. How do you go from 2-3 mature in 8 days in February to 2 in 15 days in May? Again, blah.

Tied in extra innings, but the home team's looking weary.

1 comment:

  1. It’s so hard to be positive when things are looking grim. So focus on the fact you are doing all you can and focusing on giving this cycle your all (not an easy thing, despite what the outside world may think). Thinking of you abs hoping for some good news today.

    ReplyDelete